The main rule of plank exercise: the regularity, consistency and understanding that this is not temporary measures but move toward a healthier life. Our good habit - plank. In the morning or in the evening (when it more convenient) we will work on our body. Total for 1.5-2 minutes, we will explore all important body muscles, improve posture, increase flexibility.
What is the plank exercise?
Plank is an exercise for all time, it requires a minimum investment of time and money and at the same time you can achieve visible results in a short time.
How to do a plank exercise:
• Get up on all fours on the sports mat so that the palms were placed under your shoulders (instead of the mat, you can use a rug or blanket);
• Bend your elbows so that 90 degree turn is obtained and place hands on the mat;
• Transfer your body weight on your hands, straighten the legs, standing on the toes of the foot.
As a result of all the above actions you form a straight line - the plank.
Try to stay in this position for 30 seconds, if it is easy to obtain, add 30 seconds every next time. Important: Do not compress the shoulders and statically strain the area between them. You should at the same time strain the abdominal muscles, the front of the thighs and buttock muscles to keep a straight line of the whole body.
Results of plank exercise:
1. Changes in posture. Regular plank will help you to keep your back straight easier. You will stop slouching and unnaturally bent spine.
2. Flexibility. Despite the fact that you do not specifically stretch anything, during the exercise you are stretching back muscle groups (shoulders, scapula, clavicle) and oblique muscles. This makes it easier to interact with the weight of your own body, including a better bend.
3. Improving endurance. Like any regular exercise, plank is aimed at improving your endurance. It is important also during the exercise to work out all the major muscle groups, which allow you to run longer than usual and become less tired during a long walk.
4. Relaxing effect. Upon exercising all your muscles are mobilized and tensed and at the end of the exercise – they instantly and simultaneously relax. That is why those who have problems with sleep should do the plank exercise for 40-60 minutes.
5. Method to love yourself. If you are dissatisfied with yourselves because of your body, it is necessary to move in the direction of change and start small. Just try it.
• learn how to do "classical" plank according to the rules and regulations,
• to achieve the longest time in a plank position
• develop the habit of regular exercise, which requires a few minutes.