Instagram model Tina Kunakey turns 24 on April 5. On this occasion, we recall her interview to Tatler - about the role of social networks in the modern world, the canons of beauty and the benefits of marriage with the idol of the generation, Vincent Cassel.
Who is Tina Kunakey, you ask? Twenty-two-year-old Frenchwoman Tina Kunakey is the young wife of Vincent Cassel. A model, a student, an athlete, finally, just a beauty, a year and a half ago, she married a man whom she fell in love at the age of eighteen and who loves her. And not just any man, there are so many of them walking around beauties, but a movie star, an idol, one of Ocean's friends, a monster from Beauty and the Beast - in a word, the hope of a generation.
Vincent, who is wonderfully fit, slender, smiling, left his statuary Monica Bellucci and married a young slender Tina. And in April they even gave birth to a daughter, whom they named Amazonie, that is, Amazonia.
Tina grew up, got smarter, took life into her own hands, starred, earned money, traveled, was more mature and more independent than her friends - and suddenly everything became different. She, you see, is small again!
Tina has delicate skin, thin bone, high breasts, black eyes and brown curly hair that cannot be straightened with an iron, a slightly snub nose. A beauty made of irregularities - you can give your life for such a combination. Josephine Baker of the XXI century.
Woolen trench coat, silk shirt, leather shorts, all SAINT LAURENT BY ANTHONY VACCARELLO; Wild Moon earrings with diamonds in white gold, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; ring Move Romane in white gold with diamonds, MESSIKA. WOOLEN TRENCH COAT, SILK SHIRT, LEATHER SHORTS, ALL SAINT LAURENT BY ANTHONY VACCARELLO; WILD MOON EARRINGS WITH DIAMONDS IN WHITE GOLD, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; RING MOVE ROMANE IN WHITE GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, MESSIKA.
I’m waiting for her at a café on Boulevard Malserbes with people discussing promotion strategies over breakfast. I'm worried, honestly. It seems to me that as soon as she enters, the Hawaiian orchestra will play and everyone around falls from the chairs. But no, Tina comes unnoticed, quickly sits down at the table, her beautiful hair hidden under a knitted hat. She's not alone. Her agent is with her as a duenna. He should stop me when I start asking obscene questions: “So? How are you there?"
It's good there. Not like you. - Tina, tell us about your parents ... - This is personal, - the agent enters. - Let's talk about the professional. About the professional. Discoveries in physical logy? Nobel Prize in Chemistry? Interpretation of Giselle's party? No, it's not that.
- When, dear Tina, did you start working as a model, and did big brands immediately turn to you?
- Of course, not right away. I started shooting for local brands. I was spotted on the beach at the age of twelve, but my parents then did not particularly want me to pose. Well, at fifteen I moved to Madrid because I fell in love with a guy who lived there. I landed my first contract and started working.
First, more commercial projects, then more artistic. Tina is not just a picture girl. She already had to make a collection of swimwear with Etam, and now she is a "friend of the brand" Messika. Valerie Messica, a beauty herself, gives Tina a walk with diamonds that sparkle on her dark skin on all sorts of red carpet.
- I don’t understand how they let you go alone to a foreign country at the age of fifteen? I would never let my daughter go.
- I was more fortunate with my parents. I always found a common language with them, I never lied to them, we discussed everything openly. They understood that I was an adult and responsible, and decided to confide in me.
Woolen jacket, silk shirt, all CELINE BY HEDI SLIMANE; My Twin cuff in pink gold with diamonds, MESSIKA; Desert Bloom choker with diamonds in white gold, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE. WOOLEN JACKET, SILK SHIRT, ALL CELINE BY HEDI SLIMANE; MY TWIN CUFF IN PINK GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, MESSIKA; DESERT BLOOM CHOKER WITH DIAMONDS IN WHITE GOLD, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE.
Tina was born in Toulouse and raised in Biarritz. Dad is Togolese from Morocco, mom is from Sicily, so Tina speaks French, English and Spanish. The family has two girls (there is an older sister Cassandra) and a younger brother Zachary - also a handsome man, a male version of Tina, I saw them nearby.
- Was this what your family expected from you?
- To tell the truth, the family did not expect anything, my father and mother always told me that I did not owe them anything. One thing was important for them: that at the end of the day I felt happy, and I think they succeeded. They left me a lot of freedom, but they were always present in my life when necessary. Until now, when I come across something that baffles me, I rush to them, because I know: they want me better than anyone else. They never said: "You need to do this, so that you learn this, you don't go with that." They always asked me what I want.
- Even when you were at school?
- I dropped out of school, left a year before the exams, my brother did the same when he was sixteen. You can see for yourself: no pressure.
- Did you dislike school that much?
- It was not terrible, but these were not the best years of my life.
Well, let the parents not resist anything. But how did she imagine her future? Does what happened at the age of twenty-two look like what you wanted as a child?
- I went in for swimming and even participated in the national championships. My dream was to become Lor Manaudou, no less.
Laure Manaudou is an Olympic champion, the pride of France at the 2004 Athens Games. Tina said goodbye to professional sports when she left for Madrid. First, she experienced an injury, and then realized that there are other sports and non-sports records in the girl's life. But she still hasn't quit swimming.
Woolen suit, wool and silk top, all HERMÈS; My Twin earrings and Lucky Move bracelet in rose gold with diamonds, all MESSIKA; Wild Moon necklace and Diamond Catcher ring in rose gold with diamonds, all by MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE.
WOOLEN SUIT, WOOL AND SILK TOP, ALL HERMÈS; MY TWIN EARRINGS AND LUCKY MOVE BRACELET IN ROSE GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, ALL MESSIKA; WILD MOON NECKLACE AND DIAMOND CATCHER RING IN ROSE GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, ALL BY MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE. Tulle top and leggings, all GUCCI; Snake Dance earrings with diamonds in white gold, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; ring My Twin in white gold with diamonds, MESSIKA. TULLE TOP AND LEGGINGS, ALL GUCCI; SNAKE DANCE EARRINGS WITH DIAMONDS IN WHITE GOLD, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; RING MY TWIN IN WHITE GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, MESSIKA. Tina seems to stop being afraid of me, her companion relaxes, and I ask a simple question. - Tell us about the most important day of your life.
- The most important thing? Of my life? - Tina is surprised at my impudence. - Well, I know what you are waiting for. But I will not answer you!
I didn’t expect anything like that. I just wondered if she would answer, like Mark Twain, "the day I was born and the day I realized why I did it." Will she consider the happiest day in her life anything other than the photo with the caption The luckiest day of my life, which can be found on any girly Instagram?
Tina's posts, by the way, are very frank. They are endlessly discussed, they are happy to illustrate all the boulevardism written about her.
“So you write to your loved one, take pictures with him and exchange comments,” I say. - Either you place a video for him on the network, then he will you. Isn't it easier to pick up the phone and talk without unnecessary eyes and ears?
“Even those who cannot live without Instagram continue to call their friends and family,” Tina replies. - I can comment on my girlfriend's photo by simply writing "how beautiful you are." But if I want to see her, I will dial her and say: "Let's go, or something, let's eat some fried potatoes."
Woolen jacket and shorts, all BOTTEGA VENETA; bodysuit made of cotton and elastane, WOLFORD; leather sandals, GIANVITO ROSSI; Desert Bloom bracelet with diamonds in white gold, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE. WOOLEN JACKET AND SHORTS, ALL BOTTEGA VENETA; BODYSUIT MADE OF COTTON AND ELASTANE, WOLFORD; LEATHER SANDALS, GIANVITO ROSSI; DESERT BLOOM BRACELET WITH DIAMONDS IN WHITE GOLD, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE.
But is it really, I insist, just business and nothing personal? How does she build her tape in general? Calculatingly or at random, how will the verse come?
- Now both that and another, - Tina answers. - I can't help but admit that Instagram is a working tool for me, but it started out as a real passion. Here I am honest, because a few years ago, when I started it, it was not yet as commercial as it has become for everyone now. Just a desire to share your experiences ... It was not as responsible as it is today. When I started posing, everyone had folders with photos. And now, even if you have such an album and you come to the casting, they look at your instagram. This is a showcase. If you don't know how to draw it up, you won't prove anything to anyone.
Well, here we are discussing promotion strategies. What kind of place is this on Boulevard Malserbes? But Instagram is really better than a portfolio. He will tell about everything: not only about appearance, beauty, but also about courage, a share of irony, visual culture.
Cotton jacket, shirt and shorts, all by MAX MARA; leather boots, ALEXANDER ARUTYUNOV; Glam'Azone earrings in white gold with diamonds, My Twin cuff in pink gold with diamonds, all MESSIKA. COTTON JACKET, SHIRT AND SHORTS, ALL BY MAX MARA; LEATHER BOOTS, ALEXANDER ARUTYUNOV; GLAM'AZONE EARRINGS IN WHITE GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, MY TWIN CUFF IN PINK GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, ALL MESSIKA.
- You say - "beauty", - Tina comments. - And I do not know what it is, whether it exists in the world. So I will consider a woman beautiful, another will tell me that she is ugly, and what I love is nonsense, and will also be right.
- So what do you think female beauty is a gift or a curse?
All fashion models usually want to act in films. And here and Vincent Cassel at hand. What does Tina think about this?
- Why not, I don't say never. But the truth is, I don't really know how to play ...
I ask a young girl, a young mother, how she sees her future in thirty years, when her fiftieth birthday comes. After all, this incredible event will happen sooner or later, whatever one may say.
- Well, this is too much distance. I can't even imagine it. You see, things are changing too quickly now. You can't tell right away where I'll be next week. A new job will appear, they will call me “go there” or “come here”. I don’t know who at fifty will call and where to send. How did you imagine the future? What did you dream about?
- I? I was hoping to become a journalist. And interview you.
Recycled polyester jacket, cotton skirt, all STELLA MCCARTNEY; Diamond Catcher necklace with diamonds in white gold, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; Glam'Azone ring in white gold with diamonds, MESSIKA. RECYCLED POLYESTER JACKET, COTTON SKIRT, ALL STELLA MCCARTNEY; DIAMOND CATCHER NECKLACE WITH DIAMONDS IN WHITE GOLD, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; GLAM'AZONE RING IN WHITE GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, MESSIKA.
Recycled polyester jacket, cotton skirt, all STELLA MCCARTNEY; Diamond Catcher necklace with diamonds in white gold, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; Glam'Azone ring in white gold with diamonds, MESSIKA. RECYCLED POLYESTER JACKET, COTTON SKIRT, ALL STELLA MCCARTNEY; DIAMOND CATCHER NECKLACE WITH DIAMONDS IN WHITE GOLD, MESSIKA HAUTE JOAILLERIE; GLAM'AZONE RING IN WHITE GOLD WITH DIAMONDS, MESSIKA. "